If you are running a business, doing the accounts is an essential part of your operations.
Unless you have a background in accounting or tax, keeping up to speed with all of the necessary laws, rules and regulations that you have to comply with can be a drain on your time.
Time that you could better spend running your business.
Getting an accountant onboard can help; it’s something that you ought to do especially if you are running a limited company.
To make sure that you get the right accountant for your business here are our top 10 tips:
- Get a recommendation from someone already using an accountant
- Ask the accountant for client testimonials or for the names of clients to contact for a reference
- Check their professional accounting qualifications
- Check the years of experience that they have in providing similar services to those that you need
- Ask how many clients they have in a similar industry to yours
- What are their charges – check that this fee is fixed or ask about ‘extras’?
- How do they ensure that all of your deadlines are met and that fines will not be imposed?
- Are they regulated by a professional accountancy body?
- Do they have professional indemnity insurance?
- What is their complaints procedure?