6th March Manchester Central
Register now at www.accountexsummitnorth.co.uk
I’m really pleased to be instrumental in launching two Round Table Events at Accountex. Both sessions will take place at the forth coming Accountex Summit North at Manchester Central on 6th March 2018.
Women in Accountancy
The morning session, which starts at 11:30am, is aimed specifically at Women in Accountancy. It seems that the News is full of inequality issues being faced by women as well as harassment claims. Accountancy has traditionally been a male dominated arena. Is this changing? Are women equally represented in the Accountancy profession? This first Women in Accountancy Round Table session looks at the issues that women face in the world of accountancy.
During this Women in Accountancy session we will look at a number of hot topics including:
- What impact do you think a receptionist being sent home from PwC for not wearing high heels had on women working in the accountancy profession? Do you think women should be told what to wear for work?
- Have you ever been disadvantaged career wise as a women in accountancy?
- How do you balance home, family life and work commitments?
- Do you think flexible working in the accountancy world is taking off?
- Do you think Accountancy events should have more female speakers and women focussed sessions?
- Is Accountancy still a male dominated profession?
Surviving as a Sole Practitioner
The second round table event takes place at 2:30pm and is for sole practitioner accountants. Entitled “Surviving as a Sole Practitioner” the discussions will explore the increasingly complicated issues faced by accountants operating in Practice; ever changing tax laws, new technology, low costs new entrants as well as the threat of prosecution by HMRC if you’re promoting what they see as tax avoidance schemes to name just a few of the challenges.
This inaugural round table event looks at some of these issues examining how the sole practitioner can not only survive but continue to thrive in the tough 21st century world of accounting.
The discussion will cover topics such as:
- How are clients coping with the additional tax burden of the new dividend tax? Has it created extra work for you?
- How do you keep up with tax changes and their impact on clients?
- With the new Cloud Banking Apps providing an end-to-end software solution (data entry through to tax returns and accounts delivered to HMRC as well as Companies House) will clients need an accountant in the future?
- Do you think Making Tax Digital will ever be reality?
- How do you remain competitive in a technology lead world?
- How will the impact of GDPR be on your Practice?
These Round Table Events will be repeated at Accountex in London on 23rd and 24th May 2018.
About Elaine Clark
Chartered Accountant Elaine Clark is Managing Director of award winning digital accountancy practice www.cheapaccounting.co.uk; a network of UK based qualified accountants & tax advisors operating as franchisees under the CheapAccounting.co.uk brand.