Business Telephone Answering Services
Are you always there to answer the telephone? Do you keep missing calls? How easy is it for a new prospect or customer to get hold of you?
We live in a very fast moving world where people want immediate attention - they are not prepared to wait.
If you don't answer the phone they will just move onto the next supplier.
Not being there to answer the phone or having someone to do it for you can mean that you are losing business - can you really afford to do that?
Glenn Jackson, Managing Director of MoneyPenny.co.uk says "you only get one chance to make a good first impression. There can be few things that create a worse impression in business than unanswered or poorly handled calls."
Emma from NoMissedCalls.co.uk adds "it is crucial that every call is answered promptly and professionally by a real person. Missed or mishandled calls do not inspire customer confidence and could ultimately lead to potential customers calling your competitors instead."
Information provided to us by MoneyPenny.co.uk said that:
- 62% of callers will not call again if they hear an engaged tone
- 79% would not call again if the call was unanswered
- Being put on hold is the most likely cause of customers becoming impatient and annoyed
What is the answer?
There are a number of telephone answering services available that can provide a professional solution to your telephone answering problems.
They do not have to be expensive and many offer a free trial.
Generally there are three alternative charging methods for these services:
- A fixed monthly cost
- A monthly standing charge plus a cost per call
- Pay as you go per call
How to find the right service for you
Just as you would for any supplier, it is worth comparing alternatives to make sure that you appoint one that meets your specific needs. Here are some questions to ask when considering the best supplier for you:
- How many operators will be handling my calls?
- How many years experience do the operators have?
- Can I set and change my answering script? How often?
- How are messages forwarded to me and how quickly after the call is received?
- What is your staff turnover?
- How do you train your staff and monitor the quality of their performance?
- What is the guaranteed service level on answering a call i.e. by how many rings?
- What is the service level in terms of completeness and accuracy of call details taken e.g. taking the correct name, telephone number etc?
- How many customers like me do you have?
- Can you give me three customers to contact for a reference?
- What are your fees?
- What is included in the fees?
- What is excluded from the fees and how are excluded items charged?
- Do you have professional indemnity insurance? Who is your insurance provider and how much cover do you have?
- What is your complaints procedure? Who are complaints escalated to if not resolved?